2019 Grant Program
The Rural Development Finance Corporation (RDFC) is pleased to announce it has approved a grant allotment of $2,000 per member-cooperative to be used to support community owned entities, non-profits and community-based projects.
Eligible projects: community owned businesses (café, grocery store, motel, other); community facilities (such as ambulance services, fire districts, recreation, hospital/clinic, community center, etc.); or community-based projects (such as school/youth projects, other) that benefit rural areas.
Matching funds: $4 dollars of other funds to every $1 of RDFC funds. The member cooperative is responsible for verifying the matching funds. The matching funds DO NOT need to come from the utility cooperative. RDFC will not require documentation.
Maximum/minimum grant amounts: The minimum grant amount is $500; the maximum is $2,000. The limit is $2,000 per member cooperative for 2019.
Deadline: October 25, 2019
- Complete the application
- Download the application here.
- The application should be completed and submitted to the member cooperative.
- Some cooperatives designate an employee to sign off on the applications.
- Most cooperatives have the board approve submission of the grant application.
- The application can be mailed to: Nodak Electric Cooperative at 4000 32nd Ave Grand Forks, ND 58201, or emailed to email@example.com
- Once received by the member cooperative, the board is required to make final approval on the grant requests. Once approved, a check will be made out to the recipient entity listed on the application and mailed to the contact person listed on the application.